SECTOR SPECIFIC RELIEF GRANT PROGRAM
FOR MASSACHUSETTS BUSINESSES
Application Submission Deadline: January 15, 2021 at 11:59PM
Program Overview: The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has made an additional $668 million available to support businesses through new and existing programs. Massachusetts Growth Capital Corporation (MGCC) will target a portion of these funds to sectors experiencing the most significant economic hardship and a loss of revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
These funds were appropriated through the Commonwealth’s Operating Budget for Fiscal Year 2021 (FY21) as well as the CARES Act of 2020.
This business relief fund targets the hardest hit small businesses that have an exceptional need of cash relief.
Who Should Apply:
Preference will be given to the following sectors:
- Restaurants, bars, caterers, and food trucks that collect and remit meals tax
- Indoor Recreation or Entertainment Establishments
- Indoor entertainment establishments (e.g. movie theaters, comedy clubs, performing arts venues/organizations)
- Indoor recreation (e.g. arcades, bowling centers, pool/billiard halls, escape-the-rooms, trampoline parks, roller-skating rinks)
- Indoor spectator sports venues
- Other indoor recreation or entertainment venues
- Gyms or Fitness Centers
- Gyms, athletic clubs, exercise centers, health clubs
- Sports facilities (e.g. tennis clubs, racquetball clubs, hockey rinks, swimming facilities)
- Fitness instruction centers (e.g. aerobics, dance, yoga, karate, etc.)
- Other gyms or fitness centers
- Personal Services
- Nail salons, barber shops, etc.
- Independent pharmacies
- Event Support Companies – primary source (more than 50%) of revenue is event-related
- Photography studios, videography studios, florists, limo services, event planning companies, event rentals, performers, convention and trade show organizations
- Independent Retailers
- Businesses with brick and mortar locations that collect and remit sales tax
- All other eligible business types
Application Submission Instructions:
Your application must be filled out and submitted along with attachments as stated in “Required Documentation” electronically through MGCC’s online application portal, Submittable. Hard copies or electronic copies submitted in any other way, such as mailed in or emailed, will not be considered. Additionally, only complete, accurate and legible applications will be considered.
Please be advised, applications must include all required documentation by the program deadline in order to be considered. Please see full list of “Required Documentation” details below. Common omissions that would exclude your application from consideration:
- Certificate of Good Standing from the Massachusetts Secretary of State’s office
- Complete 2019 Federal Business Tax Return
- Complete 2019 Federal Personal Tax Returns for each business owner with 20% or greater ownership